The architectural and ornamental sculpture of the interior is mostly by the same artist, and there are a few interesting pictures, as well as some realistic wall paintings by the 18thcentury artist Jacob de Wit similar to those in the Huis ten Bosch near the Hague.
'S Hertogenbosch ('sBosch, or den Bosch, French Bois-leDuc), the capital of the province of North Brabant, Holland, at the confluence of the rivers Dommel and Aa, which unite to form the Dieze, and a junction station 292 m.
It derives its name from Hazel-bosch (hazel wood).
The reform movement inaugurated by the commission of 1803 was resumed in 1830, when Governor-General Johannes van den Bosch endeavoured to improve the conditions of land-tenure and agriculture by introducing the so-called "culture system."
C. de Gerlache, Histoire du royaume des Pays-Bas 1814-1830 (3 vols., 1859); Bosch J.
Owing to the general condition of poverty which prevailed after the French evacuation in the second decade of the 19th century, attention was turned to the means of industry offered by the unreclaimed heath-lands in the eastern provinces, and in 1818 the Society of Charity (Maatschappij van Weldadigkeid) was formed with Count van den Bosch at its head.
There are two classes of colonies, both originally established by the Maatschaapij van Weldadigheid (Society of Beneficence), a society founded by General van den Bosch (1780-1844) in 1818.
Close by lies the entrance to the Haagsche Bosch, or the wood, on one side of which is situated the deerpark, and a little beyond on the other the zoological gardens (1862).
Farther into the wood are some pretty little lakes, and the famous royal villa called the Huis ten Bosch, or "house in the wood."
The words in lx, sc, it have been assimilated to words in s (x); from bosch we originally had the plural bosches; but now boscos; from Irist, tristes, but now tristos.
The Baarnsche Bosch, or wood, stretches southward to Soestdyk, where there is a royal country Roman Byzantine Early Christian Work Fr = Latex Work seat, originally acquired by the state in 1795 Louis Bonaparte, king of Holland, who was very fond of the spot, formed a zoological collection here which was removed to Amsterdam in 1809.