South Lowestoft has a fine esplanade, a park (Bellevue) and other adjuncts of a watering-place.
In October 189 9 he resigned his chaplaincy for reasons of health, and settled at Bellevue, somewhat farther away from Paris.
It is served by the Louisville & Nashville, and the Chesapeake & Ohio railways, and by electric lines to Covington, Cincinnati, Bellevue, Fort Thomas and Dayton.
Bank of the Ohio river, opposite Cincinnati, and adjoining Bellevue and Newport, Ky.
Male nurses are trained at the Bellevue Hospital, New York, the Grace Hospital, Detroit, and elsewhere.
The department of the civil list, formerly the residence of the marquis d'Assche, and the Hotel de Bellevue, held under a kind of perpetual lease granted by the empress Maria Theresa, were absorbed in the palace, and a new façade was constructed which occupies the entire length of the Place du Palais.
The old Bellevue redoubt (now Fort DenfertRochereau) is covered by a new work situated likewise on the ground occupied by the siege trenches in the war.
On the right bank of the Savoureuse he constructed two new forts, Bellevue in the south-west and Des Barres to the west, and, further, he prepared the suburb on this side for a hand-to-hand defence.
Elevation), Bellevue (300 ft.), Fairview (210 ft.) and Price Hill (350 ft.), from each of which an excellent panoramic view of the city and suburbs may be obtained.
The cities 'of Kentucky which in 1900 had a population of more than 5000 were: Louisville (pop. in 1900, 204,731); Covingto`t (42,938); Newport (28,301); Lexington (26,369); Paducah (19,446); Owensboro (13,189); Henderson (10,272); Frankfort, the capital (9487); Bowling Green (8226); Hopkinsville (7280); Ashland (6800); Maysville (6423); Bellevue (6332); Dayton (6104), and Winchester (5964).
The Macdonald Institute at Guelph, Ontario, the buildings and equipment of which Sir William provided at a cost of $182,500, and the Macdonald College at Ste Anne de Bellevue, 20 m.
The property of the Macdonald College at Ste Anne de Bellevue comprises 561 acres, of which 74 acres are devoted to campus and field-research plots, ioo acres to a petite culture farm and 387 acres to a live-stock and grain farm.
In the city proper, the Konig-strasse and the Kaiser-Wilhelmstrasse, the latter a continuation of Unter den Linden, are the chief streets; while in the fashionable south-west quarter Viktoria - strasse, Bellevue - strasse, Potsdamer - strasse and Kurfiirsten-strasse and the Kurfiirstendamm are the most imposing.
The university is co-educational (since 1872), and comprises the graduate school, with 306 students in 1909; the college of arts and sciences (902 students); the college of law (225 students), established in 1887; the medical college (217 students, of whom 29 were taking freshman or sophomore work in Ithaca, where all women entering the college must pursue the first two years of work) - this college was established in 1898 by the gift of Oliver Hazard Payne, and has buildings opposite Bellevue hospital on First Avenue and 28th Street, New York city; the New York state veterinary college (94 students), established by the state legislature in 1894; the New York state college of agriculture (413 students), established as such by the state legislature in 1904, - the teaching of agriculture had from the beginning been an important part of the university's work, - with an agricultural experiment station, established in 1887 by the Federal government; the college of architecture (133 students); the college of civil engineering (569 students); and the Sibley College of mechanical engineering and mechanic arts (1163 students), named in honour of Hiram Sibley (1807-1888), a banker of Rochester, N.Y., who gave $180,000 for its endowment and equipment and whose son Hiram W.
He was educated at Bellevue Seminary, an institution conducted by his father, the Rev. William Henry Gilder (1812-1864), in Flushing, Long Island.
Among the private educational institutions of the state are: Nebraska Wesleyan University (1888, Methodist Episcopal), at University Place, a suburb of Lincoln; Union College (1891, Adventist), at College View, suburb of Lincoln; Creighton University (1879, Roman Catholic), at Omaha; York College (1890, United Baptist), at York; Cotner University (1889; legally " The Nebraska Christian University "), at Bethany, a suburb of Lincoln; Grand Island College (1892, Baptist), at Grand Island; Doane College (1872, Congregational), at Crete; Hastings College (1882, Presbyterian), at Hastings; and Bellevue College (1883, Presbyterian), at Bellevue.
In 1823 Bellevue became an Indian agency, and in 1849 the first United States post-office in Nebraska.
Meanwhile there had begun the passage of the Mormons across the state (1845-1857), marked by important temporary settlements near Omaha (q.v.) and elsewhere, the travel to Oregon, and to California, for which depots of supplies were established at Bellevue, Plattsmouth, Nebraska City and old Ft.
Political interest in the Territorial period centred mainly in a fight for the capital, waged between the towns of the Missouri river front, Bellevue, Brownville, Nebraska City, Plattsmouth, Omaha and Florence, those of the North Platte interior, and of the South Platte.