Burton is governed by a mayor, 8 aldermen and 24 councillors.
The town is governed by a mayor, 8 aldermen and 24 councillors.
The corporation consists of a mayor, io aldermen and 30 councillors.
The town was incorporated in 1899, and the corporation consists of a mayor, 6 aldermen and 18 councillors.
The town was incorporated in 1890, and is governed by a mayor, six aldermen and eighteen councillors.
The city is governed by a board of aldermen and a mayor (elected biennially), who appoints most of the officials, the street and water board being the principal exception.
A charter granted in 1421 by Richard de Beauchamp provided that the town should be governed by twelve elected aldermen, but that the constable of the castle should be mayor.
By the charters of 1664 and 1674 the corporation was given the title of mayor, aldermen and burgesses.
The governing body now consists of a mayor, 6 aldermen and 18 councillors.
The borough is under a mayor, four aldermen and twelve councillors.
The charter of that year placed the balance of power in a council composed of three members chosen from each ward and as many aldermen as there were wards, elected on a general ticket.
The corporation consists of ten aldermen and thirty councillors, and the area of the municipal borough is 8408 acres.
The city council is composed of a common council (five members from each ward, elected for two years) and of a board of aldermen (three members from each ward to be elected for four years).
The municipal borough is under a mayor, 6 aldermen and 18 councillors, and has an area of 2751 acres.